Rural Energy Services
Farmers and landowners have two key resources that make them well positioned to exploit the renewable market: land and feedstocks. Identifying the most appropriate technology is important.
Savills specialist energy consultancy services are able to assist farmers and rural landowners in the development of commercially viable energy projects. With wide experience of renewable technologies, our team can advise on, and deliver, the most suitable site-specific solution for every client.
Our services include:
- Options Appraisal and Assessment – identification of viable energy generation and energy savings options taking into consideration a property’s unique characteristics.
- Consenting – aiming to deliver environmental consents and planning solutions that maximise the value of clients' assets taking into account the context provided by policy, and technical constraints amongst other considerations.
- Feedstock resource assessment – identification, assessment and procurement of agricultural, waste and forestry feedstocks.
- Negotiation of land agreements – in conjunction with an appointed solicitor, we will ensure that practical and appropriate agreements are put in place for the lifetime of the development and operation of any scheme.
- Project management - providing comprehensive support during the procurement and construction phase to ensure energy projects are delivered efficiently, cost effectively and on time in order that the best subsidies are secured.
- Financial modelling – working with accountants and tax advisors, we have technology specific financial models which take account of the latest technology costs and government subsidies to determine accurate rates of return.
- Operating Sites Overview – ensuring the maximum performance from operational assets, offering a range of performance monitoring and reporting services.