Compulsory Purchase & Compensation
Compulsory purchase affects nearly all farmers and landowners at some stage. We can help you with compulsory land purchase, compulsory purchase compensation and compulsory acquisition.
How we can help you:
The principle remains: good advice obtained early enough leads to fair compensation and minimum disruption. This applies to schemes of all sizes, from telegraph poles to motorways, pipelines to flood schemes or transport of all kinds. Fees are often met by the acquiring authority and we can explain how as part of our free initial review.
Because our database is extensive, containing nationwide evidence for comparison, we are in a strong position to negotiate for appropriate compensation. We always look out for windfall opportunities for clients – compound sites, topsoil stores, borrow pits – ensuring that the right payments are received.
Our services in this area include:
- A comprehensive knowledge of all compulsory purchase and planning procedures
- Representatives at Public Inquiries prior to scheme
- The mitigation of the impact of any scheme
- The identification of any opportunities that arise
- Scheme management through consultation with engineers, planners and developers
- Complete negotiation of compensation including accommodation works
+44 (0) 1732 789 761
Savills Berkeley Square
+44 (0) 203 320 8258
+44 (0) 113 220 1271
+44 (0) 1865 269 159
+44 (0) 141 222 5870