How we can help you:
Successive Governments have pledged their commitment to tackling climate change by setting ambitious targets for reducing the level of greenhouse gas emissions. This presents a number of opportunities for farmers and landowners to diversify their income streams and help support the transition to a low carbon economy. This can be achieved through energy efficiency savings, low emission production systems, renewable energy production or a combination of the three.
- Renewable energy systems:
- Biomass - miscanthus and short rotation coppice
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Photovoltaic - solar panels
A number of financial incentives are available for farmers and landowners thinking of undertaking a renewable energy project. These can be in the form of enhanced long term energy feed-in tariffs or capital grants via schemes such as the Energy Crops Scheme - Establishments Grants.
In addition to the agribusiness team who are working with clients to develop on-farm energy schemes, Savills has a number of specialist in-house energy consultants with a proven track record of establishing renewable energy systems in various sectors including agriculture, food processing, waste management.
- Savills Rural pioneered the development and production of the first Carbon Calculator for Land Managers (CALM).
- Wind planning through to finance for large & small scale projects.
- The proven ability to manage complex projects whether small, medium or large scale, from the feasibility stage to energy production including: anaerobic digestion, biomass, hydro and photovoltaics
+44 (0) 1242 548 012