Energy from Waste
Savills offers extensive experience of energy-from-waste industry projects. Recent successes include securing planning permission for a 46,000 t/yr BIOGEN food waste digestion facility near Rushden in Northamptonshire, and for Southern Water's £300m Brighton and Hove wastewater treatment works and sludge recycling centre in Peacehaven. The company is currently promoting a planning application for a state-of-the-art waste resource recovery park in South Wales for Enviroparks Limited.
Services that Savills provides for waste clients include:
- site search and evaluation - using robust methodologies that respond to local, regional and national guidance
- planning applications and EIA
- planning appeal, CPO and expert witness services
- SEA and sustainability assessment - independent strategic environmental assessment of waste management strategies
- community consultations and consensus-building - where appropriate, employing techniques such as 'inquiry by design' and 'planning for real'
Savills Energy has significant experience of project managing the integration of renewable energy power generation plants onto existing and new development sites.
We will guide the client through the entire process as follows:
- identifying feedstock and negotiating feedstock contracts
- advising on the most appropriate technology to meet the requirements of the site
- negotiating lease terms
- coordination and submission of a planning application including an environmental impact assessment and Waste Incineration Directive compliance
- technology procurement
- installation and commissioning
- operation and maintenance
- negotiating tariffs for the sale of heat and power either locally or to the grid.
Energy and Planning
+44 (0) 1202 856 908
Minerals & Waste Management
+44 (0) 1245 293 290