Conventional generation (Gas and Coal-fired) accounted for around 73% of all electricity generated in the UK (DUKES - Digest of UK Energy Statistics 2010). With increasing demands on supply, energy security is a growing concern and Renewables are only part of the solution.
Conventional generation, particularly carbon-capture-ready Combined Cycle Gas (CCGT) and 'Clean Coal' plants fitted with carbon capture and storage technology, are likely to continue to account for a significant proportion of the UK's generating capacity.
Savills understands the current and emerging economic stimulants and regulatory frameworks that continue to shape the industry. These factors are reflected in tailored advice provided to clients at the site identification, due diligence and consenting stages and then into the operational phases of development, reacting appropriately to the individual investment and risk profiles of the client.
Whether for a generator looking to develop a plant, or landowner seeking representation, Savills offers a full range of services from strategic site searches and the acquisition of land and rights, through to Planning/ IPC applications and beyond. The Corporate Real Estate Team also has extensive experience in the management of Operational Assets. For further information click here.
We can guide the client through the entire process as follows:
- Strategic site search and evaluation
- Planning appraisals
- Coordination and submission of planning and IPC applications and EIA
- Planning appeal, CPO and expert witness services
- Community consultations
- Negotiation of option, lease and purchase terms
- Negotiation of land rights for pipelines and transmission lines
- Identification of users and negotiation of tariffs for the sale of heat
- Marketing of developed and part developed opportunities
- Management of operational and non operational estate
- Advice on disposal of operational and non operational assets
Director - Head of Operations
Savills Berkeley Square
+44 (0) 203 107 5466