We offer extensive experience of energy-from-waste industry projects, from evaluation potential sites to appealing to planning rejections.
Services that Savills provides for waste clients include:
- Site search and evaluation - using robust methodologies that respond to local, regional and national guidance
- Planning applications and EIA
- Planning appeal, CPO and expert witness services
- SEA and sustainability assessment - independent strategic environmental assessment of waste management strategies
- Community consultations and consensus-building - where appropriate, employing techniques such as 'inquiry by design' and 'planning for real'
Savills Energy has significant experience of project managing the integration of renewable energy power generation plants onto existing and new development sites.
We will guide the client through the entire process as follows:
- Sustainability and risk assessments for feedstock supply chains
- Exclusive access to an innovative insurance product for managing risk in feedstock supply chains
- Side acquisition, negotiation of option and lease terms, current market evidence, valuation and rating advice
- Identifying feedstock and negotiating feedstock contracts
- Advising on the most appropriate technology to meet the requirements of the site
- Negotiating lease terms
- Technology procurement
- Installation and commissioning
- Operation and maintenance
- Negotiating tariffs for the sale of heat and power either locally or to the grid
- Development and construction funding