Professional Advisory Services Birmingham
How can we help you?
Building and Project Consultancy
Technical solutions that enhance the physical and economic potential of your property assets.
On every instruction, the Birmingham Building Consultancy team provides comprehensive professional service, quality of advice and attention to detail. Our specialists identify and act on key issues to repeatedly achieve the best results for our clients. We combine technical expertise and passion for what we do with robust market awareness.
Our specialist services respond to the entire property life cycle, covering the following core areas of expertise:
• Technical Due Diligence:
- Building acquisition surveys, building evaluation, defect analysis and diagnosis and expert witness advice.
- Preparing dilapidations schedules and assessments for both landlord and tenant and negotiating claim and settlement. Expert witness and dispute resolution.
• Construction Design & Building Contract Administration:
- Construction, extension, conversion, adaption, refurbishment and repair of all building types.
• Reinstatement Cost Assessments:
- Assessment of buildings for insurance purposes.
• Project Management & Monitoring:
- Specialising in occupier fit out and relocation, landlord refurbishment of all property types and new build development management and monitoring.
• Property Maintenance: Preparation of planned specification maintenance schedules, remedial repairs and reactive maintenance.
Housing Investment Consultancy
The Birmingham Housing Investment Consultancy is part of a large market leading team providing a full range of housing and property consultancy support across the UK and beyond. Clients include government and government agencies, developers, investors, funders, housing associations (for profit and not for profit), local authorities and arms length management organisations.
Our local knowledge and ability to combining property expertise with our deep understanding of client funding and business models enables us to help you make effective decisions about the future direction of your business.
Consultancy services include strategy, governance, business planning, growth and diversification, stock condition surveys, asset management modelling, stock rationalisation, performance improvement, organisational development, training and recruitment.
Development and Regeneration services include land/estate options appraisal, viability modelling, financial and demand modelling, bids and competitions, market rent portfolio development/acquisition,
Valuation advice for Accounts, loan security, acquisition or strategic purposes
Funding and Treasury advice – debt and equity funding for a variety of purposes. On and off balance sheet funding models.
The valuation team undertakes formal valuations for all residential and commercial properties. Predominantly for loan security purposes, we also undertake portfolio valuations, valuations for acquisitions and disposals, company account valuations, and litigation and expert witness work. We are regularly involved with large investment and development sites as well as owner occupied properties.
The Savills Birmingham lease consultancy team provides expert professional advice to a range of landlords and occupiers in respect of all commercial property types.
Our combined market knowledge and property expertise ensures the best possible advice to clients on all commercial lease events including, amongst others, lease renewals, rent reviews, break options, lease re-gears and Expert Witness referrals to Court.
Tailored expert advice includes:
• Rent Reviews
- Negotiation of revised rent at review including Expert Witness reports to appointed third parties.
• Lease Expiries
- Expert advice on strategy and procedure for negotiation of new lease terms.
• Lease Re-Gears
- Negotiation and restructuring of commercial leases to realise potentially significant value for landlord clients and substantial savings for occupier clients.
Capital Allowances are the only means of providing tax relief for capital expenditure incurred by both UK and overseas tax payers on their capital investment in commercial property and are rarely maximised. This is due to shifting tax legislation and the requirement for specialist valuation procedures. The complexity of modern buildings contributes too. We’ve developed a fully disclosed valuation methodology that meets the specific requirements of HMRC.
Our proven multi–disciplinary approach utilises a combination of specialist skills combined with a well-established dialogue with HMRC built on years of submitting claims, negotiating and agreeing values.
We have specialist expertise in:
• Tax and Accountancy
• Quantity Surveying
• Property Valuation
This approach enables us to maximise client capital allowances recovery levels and agree our valuations with HMRC as efficiently as possible.