Rural Surveyor - Norwich
Working with an Associate Director, we have an opportunity for a qualified, energetic surveyor to take day to day responsibility for some of our key Estate clients across Norfolk.
This will encompass a broad spectrum of work, including: agricultural and residential Landlord & Tenant work to spotting and delivering opportunities for the client. A number of the Estates have farming enterprises that are either in hand or operated using a contractor, so working with the Agri-Business team is key to creating success.
We would also anticipate and encourage involvement in the professional consultancy practice, particularly valuation for secured lending and tax purposes.
The position would suit a Surveyor of 2/3 years post qualification experience to work as part of a 15 strong Rural team in Norwich, including Management, Consultancy, Agri-Business, Energy and Agency professionals.
- Estate Management for private and institutional clients
- Valuation and other professional work
- Management and direction of rural property for private, commercial and institutional clients to include the letting of rural property, new leases, rent reviews and disposals
- Routine contact with and recommendations to clients
- Professional consultancy work, including though not exclusively secured lending and tax valuation
- An active role in the marketing and promotion of the department and office
- Assist an Associate Director in building the professional business through networking internally and externally to build up close relationships with existing and new clients and their professional advisors
- Identify and develop opportunities
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to clients and colleagues
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with high levels of attention to detail
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- A willingness to be part of a team
- A proactive approach to work and a willingness to get involved in departmental policy and strategy by putting forward ideas
- A willingness to undertake business development on behalf of the department, the office and the company and raise their personal profile outside the company
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and to be adaptable to change
- Full driving licence and own car
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
You are also invited to complete the following: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY