Rural Surveyor - Brechin
Working with a Director, we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified, energetic surveyor to become involved in the management of some of our key clients’ estates/property across Scotland. This will encompass a broad spectrum of work, including: the management of sportings (shooting, fishing and stalking), agricultural and residential Landlord & Tenant work, to spotting and delivering opportunities for the client.
The position would suit a surveyor with 2/3 years post qualification experience. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a 1:1 basis with a Director with many years of land management experience and who is well respected in the industry. Due to the small nature of the team, there is scope for the successful candidate to get involved in, and to lead a variety of client’s projects. This is a really interesting opportunity for the right person; we require a self motivated and enthusiastic individual who is ambitious and understands the importance of delivering outstanding client care.
- Estate Management for private and institutional clients
- Management including ongoing strategic reviews for private, commercial and institutional clients to include the letting of rural property, new leases, rent reviews and disposals
- Assist the Director with pitches for new management instructions
- Routine contact with and provision of recommendations to clients
- An active role in the marketing and promotion of the department and office
- Assist the Director in building the management business through networking internally and externally to build up close relationships with existing and new clients and their professional advisors
- Identify and develop new opportunities
- Support other Directors in the team with management and professional work as and when required as well as valuations when required
- Chartered RICS member
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, being articulate both orally and in writing to clients and colleagues
- Good negotiating skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent client care skills
- Preparation of estate budgets and monitoring of clients income and expenditure
- An understanding and/or interest in field sports would be advantageous
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- A proactive approach to work and a willingness to get involved in departmental policy and strategy by putting forward ideas
- A willingness to undertake business development on behalf of the department, the office and the company and raise Savills’ profile besides their personal profile outside the company
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and to be adaptable to change
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Full driving licence and own car
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
You are also invited to complete the following: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY