Building Surveyor - Winchester
We are seeking a Surveyor to join our existing successful team of Architects working as part of our rural business.
The successful candidate will be able to operate independently and be able to work together as part of a team. It is expected that you will pull upon the close team to deliver an exceptional service.
- Contract administration
- Building surveys and report writing
- CAD Skills are required. Graphisoft Archicad is the system used within the team, and training will be available.
- Preparing tender and contract document, and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Preparing scheme designs and specifications works
- Advising on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Project monitoring
- Dealing with building regulations and advising on property legislation.
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 or perhaps has CDM Coordinator skills pre 2015 changes
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are followed
- Preparing schedules of dilapidations
- Advise clients of their options and propose an appropriate strategy together with involvement of the client as required and carry out the service to achieve the strategy
- Progress and manage the service as planned, along with agreeing any variations and providing feedback to the client, ensuring client needs are satisfied
- Carry out other functions as required by a Director to ensure the smooth running and operation of the Department
- Reporting to clients and keeping in regular contact
- Be capable of dealing with instructions and clients alone after an introductory period
- Become a single point of contact for clients
- Assisting in pitches
- Capability of winning further work for the Department.
Core hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
- Strong written communication and report writing skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- A team player
- MRICS qualified
- Practical understanding of buildings
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Must have the capacity to manage individual instructions, build client relationships and provide an outstanding level of client care
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
You are also invited to complete the following: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY