Architect - Winchester
We are seeking a design architect to join our team of architects, building surveyors and architectural technicians, working as part of our rural business.
The successful candidate will possess excellent design, communication and contract administration skills and have a real desire to progress within the business.
- Development of concept design solutions in order to reach the client parameters and expectations.
- Discussing the objectives, requirements and budget of a project.
- Consulting with other professionals about design.
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals to the client.
- Advising the client on the practicality of their project.
- Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines.
- Producing detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Preparing tender applications and presentations.
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals.
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments.
- Project managing and helping to coordinate the work of contractors.
- Controlling a project from start to finish.
- Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
Core hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
- ARB/RIBA/RIAS qualified.
- Experience and proficiency in Archicad.
- Design flair and experience in residential..
- Hand sketch or illustration skills.
- Proficient in NBS Create or NBS Building
- Building conservation.
- The candidate should be proficient in all work stages and should be willing to evidence this.
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
You are also invited to complete the following: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY