Associate Planner - Reading
We are seeking an Associate to provide high quality planning advice and support to private and public sector clients.
- Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts.
- Contribute to the setting of strategy, and team building.
- Contribute to the management of professional teams, and co-ordination of their inputs.
- Undertake research and analysis.
- Prepare planning applications, including planning statements.
- Contribute to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements, sustainability statements, and other planning supporting documents.
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties.
- Liaise and cultivate good relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
- Prepare/make presentations at meetings.
- Draw up, present and negotiate competitive proposals.
- Develop creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties.
- Write complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with planning regulations.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Take responsibility for projects from the earliest stages through to completion
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies.
- Keep informed about documents relating to planning policy and practice.
- MRTPI, MRICS or equivalent qualification
- Detailed knowledge of the British Town Planning system
- Good experience in managing projects
- Detail conscious, accurate.
- Thrives under pressure, can work to tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Strives to deliver an exceptional level of service to clients at all times.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Presentable, and with good presentation skills.
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
You are also invited to complete the following: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY