Associate/Associate Director - Reading
We are seeking an Associate/Associate Director to be based within our Planning department in Reading.
A key element of the Thames Water Estates contract is the provision of planning advice in support of the promotion and disposal of redundant Thames Water assets and we are seeking an Associate / Associate Director level planner to service that part of the Thames Water contract. In addition they will undertake non-Thames Water planning consultancy work.
- Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts.
- Contribute to the setting of strategy, and team building.
- Contribute to the management of professional teams, and co-ordination of their inputs.
- Undertake research and analysis.
- Significant and profitable fee earner with potential to win new clients
- Prepare planning applications, including planning statements.
- Contribute to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements, sustainability statements, and other planning supporting documents.
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties.
- Liaise and cultivate good relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
- Prepare/make presentations at meetings.
- Draw up, present and negotiate competitive proposals.
- Develop creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties.
- Write complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with planning regulations.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Take responsibility for projects from the earliest stages through to completion
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies.
- Keep informed about documents relating to planning policy and practice.
- Builds relationships with other divisions with a view to create joint business development opportunities
- Attends external events to create local contacts and identify business opportunities
- Detail conscious, accurate.
- Thrives under pressure, can work to tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Strives to deliver an exceptional level of service to clients at all times.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Presentable, and with good presentation skills.
- MRTPI (essential)
- Detailed knowledge of the British Town Planning system (essential)
- Good experience in managing projects (essential)
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
You are also invited to complete the following: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Information Form
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. View our Equality and Diversity Policy.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY