Knowing which buyers to appeal to is vital when selling your home. Here are five top tips to marketing your property in Canary Wharf.
1. Around 62% of Savills buyers in the Canary Wharf area are from overseas, with 36% from South East Asia. As Canary Wharf is the business hub of the city, accentuate the modern; think sleek lines, spotlighting and modern furniture to appeal to those looking for the Canary Wharf lifestyle.
2. Create light - smaller properties and warehouses around Canary Wharf are popular, but can be on the darker side. Create as much light as possible and keep curtains and blinds to a minimum and think of adding some well designed lighting to show off your beautiful property.
3. Make a feature of your river views. Ensure floor to ceiling windows are spotless and your blinds or curtains are pulled back.
4. Think about what your potential buyers want – Canary Wharf and Wapping attract a lot of investors, with around 34% purchasing for buy-to-let purposes. Think about adding a bed and wardrobe to smaller bedrooms to demonstrate potential further bedroom.
5. River Buses, or Thames Clippers, are a great, under utilised, way to commute and offer a 10% discount to Oyster card users. Perhaps leave a couple of timetables on the side to catch the viewer’s eye.