With Wandsworth being particularly popular with families, it's key to know the best way to appeal to your buyers. Here are five top tips for selling your property in Wandsworth.
1. Wandsworth is a very popular with families with the Common and fantastic schools in the area. If you have children, don’t shy away from letting this show when preparing to sell. It often helps for viewers to be able to imagine it as a family home, and children’s paintings on the wall or toys tidied in a corner can quickly make your home look lived-in and loved.
2. If you’re in a catchment area for a good school, try leaving your children’s school book bags out to catch the viewer’s eye. Catchment areas change on a yearly basis, but it could encourage potential buyers to view your home with a long-term perspective, making your property all the more attractive.
3. Gardens and roof terraces are incredibly sought after in Wandsworth and buyers will happily pay a premium for a property with outside space. If you’re selling in winter, when they’re slightly forgotten, show potential buyers how great a garden could be all year round, by investing in a heater or fire pit and make a fantastic winter space. Neal’s Nurseries Garden Centre on the northern tip of Wandsworth Common has an excellent selection.
4. A lot of properties in Wandsworth are listed and therefore, can involve various building restrictions. Make sure you check this before you decide to spruce up your kerb appeal and paint the front door! Period features are very popular here so, if you’re redecorating, don’t remove what makes the property unusual and special.
5. If you have a house to sell in the Tonsleys, these are highly sought after and lovely homes. As they are generally smaller cottages, they can be darker, so make sure you maximise the light and show them at their best, by investing in good lighting and avoiding darker furnishings.