Knowing which buyers to appeal to is vital when selling your home. Here are five top tips to marketing your property in Putney.
1. Putney is incredibly popular with first-time buyers and young families, drawn to the riverside location, with excellent schools such as St Mary's, All Saints, and Brandlehow, as well as the parks and commons. In fact, 72% of our buyers are upsizing. If you are aiming at this market, make sure your property is family friendly; storage is a must and keep the garden clear and accessible.
2. Being so well connected, Putney is also a great location for young professionals. Many look for a flat where they can rent to a friend a second bedroom. If it’s smaller, keep furniture to a minimum.
3. Before you pick up a hammer and paintbrush, some Putney buyers prefer un-modernised properties on which they can put their own stamp. We recently had one on the market which caused quite a stir, with over 30 viewings in a week. There’s a fine line; if it’s just tired, give it a lick of paint and new carpets. If a full refurbishment is needed, it’s best to not waste your money and allow the buyers to view the property as a project.
4. If you own a period property, don’t remove all traces of character; it’s likely your viewers will want it. If you’re in a larger new build block of apartments, make sure the concierge or porter, if applicable, knows about the viewings in advance so your prospective buyers receive a friendly welcome if they turn up early.
5. The sweet-spot for buyers is invariably the kitchen. They are no longer simply for cooking; but buyers want to live in them, relax in them and play in them. If you have an inclination towards grand designs, this is the project to choose. Open out the kitchen space and make a fantastic room that no potential buyer will want to leave.