After 'London', 'Scotland' is the most searched for location on the Savills website. It's unclear whether visitors are searching for property to buy, or simply day-dreaming about starting a new life north of the border. Either way, interest is on the increase: searches for Scotland totalled 16,746 in March, up 26.15 per cent on February, while searches for Edinburgh – which accounted for the third highest number of searches – totalled 9,148, an increase of 6.03 per cent.
Part of the attraction is undoubtedly value for money and Savills Research demonstrates that Scottish property will offer a higher rate of value growth than any UK region this year. Scotland also offers a wide variety of properties, from castles to chic apartments and town houses, and from farms to second homes in beautiful locations.
Here are 10 of the best ways to live the dream:
1. For being king or queen of the castle: Cassillis Estate, Maybole, Ayrshire – Offers in the
region of £5,000,000
2. For the wannabe laird: Thriepley Estate, Lundie, Dundee – Offers over £2,900,000
3. For playing more golf: West Burn Lane, St Andrews, Fife – Fixed price £875,000
4. For the island life: Isle of Tanera Mor, Achiltibuie, Ullapool, Ross-Shire – Offers over
5. For affordable capital city living: Mansefield, Craighall Road, Edinburgh – Offers over
6. For escaping the rat race Woodston Fishing Station, St Cyrus, Montrose, Angus – Offers over £950,000
7. For super commuting to London: 5B Athole Gardens, Dowanhill, Glasgow – Offers over £425,000
8. For getting back to the land: Ballingall Farm, Leslie, Glenrothes, Fife – Offers over £950,000
9. For a lock up and leave second home: Manor Place, Edinburgh – Asking price £585,000
10. For affordable culture: 30 Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow
Savills Scottish Property EXPO 2015
The exhibition, which showcases some of the most beautiful properties available to buy in Scotland, takes place on Wednesday, April 22 at Savills, Margaret Street, London W1. For further details contact your local Savills office or call Isla Gibson on 0131 247 3746.