The business moved to 3 St Helen's Place, which belonged to the Worshipful Company of Leathersellers' estates (was a subtenant). Alfred was already retained as professional adviser to a number of Essex lordships.
At the time of Alfred's death in 1905, his sons Alfred, Edwin and (Henry) Norman, were already firmly established in partnership although located in the City, its practice remained largely agricultural.
Within weeks of war breaking out, Edwin Savill was appointed by the War Office to assess compensation to landowners in Essex and Suffolk for loss of or damage to properties. When the War Losses Commission called in two valuers to assist them, one was Edwin Savill.
The firm moved to 51a Lincoln's Inn Fields. Their new office was near enough to the City to enable them to maintain their existing contracts, and had the advantage of being among the trustee solicitors who were bringing them new business.
The firm dispersed: junior staff were called up to serve, Norman Savill – along with vital records – went to Wimborne in Dorset. The firm’s architects worked from the Woking office. Norman Savill aside, the Partners stayed at the Lincoln’s Inn Field office.
Savills consolidated its growing presence in Asia by joining forces with First Pacific Davies to become FPD Savills in 1997. Savills acquired a majority shareholding in the Spanish, German and French companies previously trading as Weatherall Green & Smith.
As Savills plc, the company moved into the FTSE 250 London Stock Exchange listing in 2000, Savills also acquired First Pacific Co. in April of that year. Acquired a 50% stake in Korean Asset Advisors and BHP Korea in 2000. Hamilton Osborne King is acquired in Ireland. Hepher Dixon, a specialist planning and regeneration practice. Jeremy Helsby was appointed as Group Chief Executive of Savills plc on 7 May 2008.